Authors: Jógvan í Lon Jacobsen
Origin country: Faroe Islands
Cover: Sonja Kjølbro
Making up: Sonja Kjølbro
Cover: Heft bók
Málmaðurin í útvarpinum 3 (paperbook)
- Language? Is it science or culture – or perhaps both? Find an answer here
- Can hampafólk (idiom for a good and honest person) refer to a social class?
- In Faroese, should you write “ið hvussu er” rather than “í hvussu er”?
- Is it possible to reintroduce “stjúkmamma” (“stepmother”) into Faroese?
- Can one say “okkara elskaði maður, pápi...” (our beloved husband, father...) without implying he has several wives?
- Why are Posta and BankNordik linguistically unfortunate?
- How should we think of politically correct language?
- Why do both hárógva and andróðursstykki refer to the rump of cattle
- Kvíggjevni – what does that mean?
- Do we knit a sweater or knit a yarn, do we bake a cake or bake dough into a cake?
- Why is the song “tann grái Fordurin” (“The Blue Ford”) ingenious?
The collection also includes an essay on how Faroese is becoming an increasingly analytic language, i.e. the syntax is moving toward simple words and inflections are losing their significance.
Are you not a club member? Sign up here
Your purchases will be sent to you by post for a small charge. To avoid shipping costs, you can pick them up at Bókamiðsølan (á Hjalla 7b, FO-188 Hoyvík).
Want to avoid postage charges?
1. All orders of DKK 500,00 or more are posted free of charge. This applies only to orders sent within the Faroe Islands.
2. You may also pick up your order at Bókamiðsølan in Tórshavn.
Other titles Jógvan í Lon Jacobsen
Málmaðurin í útvarpinum 2
Málmaðurin í útvarpinum 1
Other titles Education
Harry og Elly
Tann góða lesitilgongdin
Grundskeið í føroyskum
Orð og orðað
Other titles Other Books
Tá ókunnufólk kom á leið - Heimablídni
When strangers came knocking - Heimablídni
Bei Färingern zu Gast - Heimablídni
Nakrir tættir úr lívi V. U. Hammershaimbs